The Vitalité Health Network’s Acadie-Bathurst Zone hospitals Foundations and the Titan Foundation officially launched The Pink Puck at the game on February 22, as part of the ceremonial puck drop.
This new initiative is a 50/50 lottery with the profits being distributed equally among the 5 foundations. People can purchase tickets at various points of sale. In the Chaleur region, they are available at Allardville Corner Grocery Store, Bathurst’s Sermax Convenience Store, Maurice Gas & Convenience Bathurst and Beresford and Petit-Rocher Convenience Store. In the Tracadie area, they are available at the Landry General Store, the CM Dépanneur, the Canadian Tire Gas Station and Gabriel Haché Ltd/Shell. For Lamèque / Shippagan, tickets are available at F.J. Brideau Home Hardware Renovation Center in Lamèque and Haut-Shippagan and at Gilles Matériaux de Construction Ltd in Sainte-Marie-Saint-Raphaël. And finally, in the region of Caraquet, they are sold at the Inkerman Market, GRD Depanneur Bas-Caraquet, Epicerie Pointe-Rocheuse Caraquet and Maxcik Paquetville.
Part of the money raised will help improve two areas of the Chaleur Regional Hospital, namely the audiology and gastroenterology sectors. The new pieces of equipment will be very useful in helping to diagnose certain cancers and provide follow-up after chemotherapy treatments. Institutions in the Acadian Peninsula will also receive the same amount to support their respective needs.
“Feel free to participate and, most importantly, remember that your participation will make a difference in the lives of people who need to fight various diseases. We invite you to participate in this lottery because it matters!” – Mona Losier, President of the Radiothon des Roses for the Chaleur Regional Hospital Foundation.
The Titan Foundation will use the profits to improve the quality of life for youth in the areas of education, fitness, health and sport by providing financial and/or in kind support to non-profit organizations in Northern New Brunswick.
Pink Puck Rules
1. Pink Puck 50/50 is open to the general public and subject to Provincial Laws and Regulations.
2. You must be at least 18 years old to play.
3. You must purchase a number from one of our POS vendors, generated by the 5050 Central system. You will receive a ticket with the number, from the 5050 Central system.
4. You can join Pink Puck anytime.
5. Upon registering, you receive a Pink Puck number to be played to enter draws.
6. You may register for more than one Pick Puck number.
7. You can enter the weekly draw by paying $2 at a participating Pink Puck location, prior to 4pm Tuesday, for that week’s Draw.
8. You can also Pre-Pay for multiple weeks: for 6 months $52 (26 draws) or 1 Year $104 (52 draws).
9. The Pink Puck weekly draws will take place at Titan Acadie-Bathurst office every Wednesday.
10. If your Pink Puck number is drawn and you have played that week, you win HALF the weekly Total Pink Puck pot.
11. Rollover: If the winning number of a Pink Puck draw belongs to an entrant that has not paid his/her weekly $2.00, the amount will be added to the next weekly draw.
12. Winners will be contacted using the information they provide in their registration. It is your responsibility to ensure your information remains current.
13. By registering, you agree to have your name, ticket number and jackpot prize published should your number be drawn. For a rollover prize, only the number drawn is published.
14. A photo ID is required to collect your winnings. Winners consent to the use of their name and photograph for publicity purposes.
15. Every reasonable effort will be made to contact the Pick Puck Prize Winner. Winnings unclaimed after 90 days will be added back to the Pot.
16. No refunds.
17. Pink Puck tickets are sold only in New Brunswick.